I wanted a water look so I made sure to leave some wrinkles in the tissue paper - believe me that wasn't hard! :)
Next, I ripped off the excess - carefully. I'm sure you could wait for it to dry, but I was impatient and on a roll so I ripped wet.
And now I had a wonderfully covered page stand with some beautiful texture and color (which I forgot to take a picture of!). Thanks to my daughter for taking pictures of my project - she thought I was nuts I do believe!
Here are some more shots of the finished product which I finished altering with the July Citrus Tree Studio kit - Webster's Pages, cheesecloth sprayed with Wheatfield Glimmer Mist, and some Distress Stickles in antique linen and frayed burlap for a touch of sand.