Friday, July 15, 2011

Today

Today is a new day, aren't you glad?  I know I am!  This week has been trying for some reason, couldn't really tell you why, just it has left me very weary.  But, each day is a new start and for that I am very thankful.  Even though yesterday(s) were rough, I don't have to base my today on them.  Now even though I have these brilliant revelations (thank you Holy Spirit), it doesn't mean that I totally get it or practice it.  As I sit here eating the caramel popcorn that I just made and drinking my Dr. Pepper!  Yes, I am the same person that was trying to lose that baby fat and actually lost some a few weeks ago.  Remember tomorrow is a new day!  :)
Here is a layout I created for Scrapping Everyday Miracles - they challenged us to scrap a new day.  I had just printed this picture out that I had taken from my early morning time and it was the perfect fit.  I had tried this background out in my art journal a little while ago and as I was paging through I saw it and it screamed for this picture.  I made the background by coating my paper with gesso and then using my Faber-Castell gelatos on it (mustardy color, yellow, orange, and red), a little water and I had a sunset.  I sprayed my Ranger sunflower mist over it to add a sparkle. 

Journaling reads:  I love to rise early in the morning while everyone sleeps.  I love to hear the quiet hum of my babies breathing and the birds chirping.  I love to watch the dawn of a brand new day.  I love that nothing is left from the previous day - everything is washed clean, no clutter or chaos, the possibilities are endless!  And then the sun rises with the promise that, "His mercies are new every morning," and my spirit soars as a bird let out of its cage.  I am free to once again follow my hearts call, Today.

Materials used:  Faber-Castell gelatos, Ranger mist, gesso, Webster's Pages alphabet, Prima bling and flowers, Glitz stamps, Unity stamp, Tattered Angels stamp, Staz-on.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love that background. Thanks for taking on our SEM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love your work and we are so blessed to have you as a loyal follower!

    ReplyDelete