Monday, October 3, 2011

Grandparents

Published in SNR
Materials Used:  MM, GCD, Prima, assorted stash
Today's challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles was to think about our grandparents and how God has blessed us through them.  I chose to feature my Grandmother on my Father's side not so much because we are the closest, but because I have always wanted to be like her.

The journaling reads:  My Grammy, Is who I've always wanted to be.  So beautiful, full of energy, so calm.  She was the one to teach me to cook, clean, and how to make laundry smell good.  When I was young we often did crafts together and later on we would each work on our sewing - her quilts and my crosstitch.  Her house has a wonderful smell to it - it says Grammy.  One thing she has taught me recently, you don't have to win. 
I also want to share another layout I did of my Grandmother on my Mother's side, one that also passed on her creativity to me and was apart of my everyday.
Materials used:  American Crafts thickers, Queen and Co, October Afternoon, Basic Grey rub-ons, Maya Road chipboard, Prima, and other assorted things
Don't you just love the silvery paper?  When I saw that paper I knew I had to scrap my grammy b/c that is exactly how her dining room walls looked and the purple - well that was the color of the carpet in her house.  The yellow script paper reminded me of her handwriting.

The journaling reads:  Memories of Grammy Brown, She...
Loved Jesus, didn't get up early and ate breakfast @ 12:00, decorated cakes, was an artist, wore hats, liked birds, grew many flowers, liked purple, wrote very small, took a long time to get things done, was exact down to the penny, burnt everything, had "tin foil" for wallpaper, loved me!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy we call our grandmother, grammie too!!!! That's really cute!
    e.

    ReplyDelete