Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January Burlap & Buttercups creations

I received a very full box a few weeks ago from Burlap & Buttercups - it was full of sooooo many wonderful goodies.  I just now finally was able to begin to dig in and create and hopefully will get back to my box before anymore goodies arrive!  :)  I'm a little stacked up right now as I am working on some projects that have deadlines, but I'm sure I will catch up soon.

Today I have 2 layouts to share, one fits the criteria of the challenge to use banners I also used the challenge at the CK blog to be inspired by a TV show/movie.  I don't watch TV or movies, but I LOVE the Duggars and have watched since their first debut and read their books AND...  I get to go see them in February which is totally a dream come true!  :)  So here is my layout that I created about family and how the size should never be looked down upon - it really irritates me anymore when people comment about our family size.  I don't get irritated often so this really has been weighing on me - we have been blessed by God and remember that America believes in tolerance - so use it with us too!
Materials Used:  Jan Burlap & Buttercups kit - MME, American Crafts, OA, Maya Rd, Jenni Bowlin
My next layout was for the sketch challenge with a little distressing thrown in - I had these pictures from the 4th of July on my phone.  They weren't very good b/c the camera on my phone was horrible, but they worked with the smaller size I think.

Materials Used:  Jan Burlap & Buttercups kit and sketch - MME, Jenni Bowlin, Maya Rd
Thanks for stopping by and listening to my soap box! :)  I will be back on Friday with my next sketch for Memorable Seasons Sketch-a-Thon.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on these challenges, Wendy ~ as always! And I think you are completely and utterly blessed in each and every one of those precious children God has given you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos on a beautiful backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your take on the sketch!!! you really rocked it! thanks so much for playing along with us at Burlap and Buttercups!-mp

    ReplyDelete