Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Dream Come True...

Nine years ago I was introduced to scrapbooking through a ladies event at our church.  I was immediately hooked!  I had so many pictures from our 1st child and I was pregnant with our 2nd already.  But, I wasn't creative at all, so I began to pray that the Lord would make me creative.  Album after album of scrapbook layouts followed, cards, home decor projects, anything crafty became such a joy to me and I was thrilled. 

In 2011, I prayed that the Lord would allow my work to be published and to give me my first DT - soon followed my introduction to SNR where they published my work in their online magazine and Citrus Tree Studio where I held my first DT position.  When I began to look ahead to 2012, I again went to the Lord, this time asking to see my work in print, another DT and a manufacturer DT.  Then I began to work and work hard at seeing these dreams come true.  I have been so blessed to have been published (in print) in Cards, Create, Scrapbook Trends, and Scrap365 this year.  I have not only been blessed to serve almost a year now at Memorable Seasons with their DT, but have recently stepped into the DT Coordinator position.  And then the most amazing thing happened, I received an e-mail Wednesday night with these words, congratulations! 



I am extremely thankful to Bella Blvd for giving me the opportunity to see my dreams come true.  I can't wait to begin to create with all of the wonderful products they create and to share my love of creating with each of you.

Here are two of the projects that I created with my stash of Bella products that I have been collecting this year as I worked towards my dream.

This one is for my new niece, Savannah.  I started with a clock from Target that I removed the covering and hands and decorated in Bella products.

 
I had this idea one night in bed that I wanted to try - using washi tape on Styrofoam.  Guess what, it works!  I used the Bella tapes to wrap my Styrofoam ball and used some wire to connect a little basket that I cut using my cricut.  The basket holds various pieces that I cut from the papers and chipboard stickers.  This is my favorite project and even though my little one is 18 months now, it is hanging in his room because Mommy loves it!


Thank you all for stopping by and thank you Bella Blvd for this amazing opportunity!

11 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations! So well deserved and I LOVE the hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I am TRULY so very, very HAPPY for you!!! This is going to be awesome :) A huge congratulations to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy - how cool is this! Prayers answered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I adore your amazing projects!! The washi hot air balloon is GORGEOUS!!!! I can't wait to get to know you better..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Wendy, your hot air balloon is so cute! I'm excited to start working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congrats Wendy! I cannot think of anyone who deserves this more than you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Wendy! Your work is amazing! So glad Bella Blvd thinks so too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I'm sooooo happy for you Wendy!! Huge congrats and hope you have fun on Bella's team!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Wendy, how in the world did I miss this? Oh my word you have to be peeing your pants with excitement!One of the classes Duana and I took at Scrapfest was Stephanie's Bella Blvd layout class and we did 2 of the cutest pages! She's just so nice .. really nice. And the Bella product is awesome! ohhh, you're going to have a blast working with all the stuff they send you! I just KNOW it!
    Huge congratulations, girl. They're so lucky to have you on their team ... promoting their products ... you're going to be so GOOD at it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats again! Love these projects. That clock is such a great idea and your balloon is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Wendy! I fell in love with that Hot Air Balloon creation; With that you have set your standard. This will be a new door and fun experience for you...welcome to the team! Let's have a great year!

    ReplyDelete