Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2 Different Versions - This is a Wonderful Place

Have you ever made a layout and really liked it and then decided to shake it up a bit?  I don't normally, but sometimes I will fit a layout to a call that is open at that time.  This layout was made from a Studio Calico kit and I wanted to incorporate the chalkboard trend.  I really feel a little lost with this trend so to help me get my feet wet I decided to cut some elements from the chalkboard paper included in the kit.  The arrows, clouds, sun, and sentiment were my first attempt at the chalkboard trend (other than a background paper).


Now I love this layout, the colors just make me happy and the patterns, plus these pictures were good memories of our first few days here in FL.  But, I decided to shake the layout up a bit and try some string art...


First of all, I wanted to really fill in my new title SMILE - I started with the Amy Tan template and then added additional holes.  It was harder than I thought and a little frustrating, I did discover that you should put tape on the back of the page before poking holes - that really helped!  I also added in a few Studio Calico pieces with wood veneers and the vellum pieces.

I personally think I like the HEY better from the first layout, but I like the addition of the other pieces in the second layout.  What do you think?

Thank you all for stopping by!  
Merry Christmas to you and your families, see you in a few days!




No comments:

Post a Comment