Monday, February 9, 2015

Beautiful Flower - Hip Kit Club

I am soooo loving the February Hip Kit!
I created this for a challenge hosted on the Hip Kit FB page to use:  aqua, pink, navy, gold, triangles, sparkly, and stitching.


This layout started with the 6x6 pieces of the flower paper from the We R Memory Keepers paper pad.  I next found a grass type paper for the bottom of my layout to rest on.  The pink card was the next piece I chose to add with my pictures.  

Here are some close-ups and details...

I'm not the best at using triangles (even though I love them), so I chose to cut out 2" vellum triangles which I stitched down on my white cardstock for interest and to fufill the recipe challenge.


I chose the love script paper to allow my pictures to be the focus as the flower paper was a little too bright.  The pink woodgrain was added to keep the white love paper from touching the white cardstock and to match the pink card.


I chose the frame and flower chipboard pieces next and I knew I wanted to add in the So Lovely banner pieces.  My little blue bird was actually a last minute touch and it was added to take care of the navy in the recipe challenge :)


The MME die-cut piece and the gold chipboard arrows were used to fill in some blank spaces around my title.  The pink chipboard butterfuly matches my title and draws the viewers eye from top to bottom.  And a few gold touches never hurt anyone :)




2 comments:

  1. Well you have already described perfectly the more than awesome parts if this layout that all add up to this amazing, wholly beautiful layout!! Love the touches of gold and those sewn on triangles of vellum are incredible and look so cool on this layout!! Super well done! Have a beautiful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I love the layers, so GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete