Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Everyday Miracles

I created this layout for the first challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles using Webster's Pages and some of my stash. Here are some close-ups of the details (I think they were pretty cool!).
I've been reminded lately that sometimes things don't look the way we want but it doesn't mean that the Lord isn't taking care of us. I really don't want to be like the Israelites and miss entering my Promised Land because I couldn't trust the Lord. The Israelites had enough to eat and drink and yet they complained that they would have been better off in Egypt where they had meat to eat. When the scouts returned from checking out the Promised Land they again forgot the Lord's goodness because it sounded hard/scary yet the Lord had promised. Instead of remembering all the miracles in Egypt, the Red Sea, their daily provision they complained that it would be better to have stayed in Egypt or even the Wilderness. God wasn't doing things the way the Israelites thought He should and so they spent 40 more years in the desert. Can I look outside of the box that I want the Lord to perform in to allow Him to be GOD and do as He knows is best even if it doesn't look like what I wanted?

5 comments:

  1. Hello fellow homeschooler! =) Thank you for taking on our challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. I love your layout, it is really beautiful. And that isn't just because I love Webster's Pages, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is stunning! I just love all the details you've added to it. The flower is sooo pretty and I really like the lace you added at the bottom. Butterflies always get my attention too. lol

    I especially like your journaling. I've been guilty of doing that... grumbling about what's going on in my life and forgetting that God knows what's best. Your journaling is convicting - which is great! :)

    Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Your layout with all the detail and the journaling!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapping Everyday Miralcles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is beautiful... Wendy we are so blessed to have you join in on our challenges... I love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fantastic :) Thank you so much for sharing this with us! -Kline

    ReplyDelete