Saturday, July 23, 2011

Christmas in July has begun!

There is still time to head on over to Citrus Tree Studio to join in our Christmas in July crop. 

Here is my first challenge I offered up, thought I'd share it here too.




Supplies:
Canvas (8x10)
Gesso
Mist product
Rub-ons (white)
Matte Medium (Liquitex or other)
Buttons (red & green)

Steps to create my canvas:
1. I used Ranger’s Perfect Pearls Mists in Sunflower Sparkle - spray this on your canvas - we are using the flip side to create a shadow box type project.

2. Now Gesso the bare wood on the sides and any other parts that you don’t want showing.

3. Next, I applied rub-ons randomly to my background - I wanted to keep the background low key so I used white ones by Basic Grey - you can use any color ones that work for your project. I also splashed some Gesso on the background to give a little more texture to it.

4. Now, apply buttons to form your shape. I tried a hot glue gun and I had strings everywhere so I went back to my trusty wet glue.

5. You can be done or… Grab that glue gun and all the Christmassy findings you have (Michaels had some neat K&Co ones with their Christmas things that are already out) and stick them on! This is the part I love!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great project, Wendy. I just love the button tree and all the fun embellies!!

    ReplyDelete