The biggest things that I have found in misting are
1. Roll your bottle between your hands (like you were starting a fire with sticks) this doesn't give you the air bubbles that shaking does.
2. A pizza box type works great for misting because it helps to keep the mist in a controlled area.
3. If you hold the bottle still you get a concentrated area, but if you move as you spritz you get a finer mist.
4. If you push the sprayer in just a little you will get more droplets.
5. Just go for it - it is fun, but definitely not perfect!
Here are some steps that I took in making my layout.
Here is my layout that I created...
|Materials used: September Citrus Tree Studio kit, Tattered Angels mist|