Saturday, March 31, 2012

Scrapping my Heritage!

When I received my kit from Memorable Seasons this past month I received the beautiful papers from Cosmo Cricket Tea for Two.  When I saw the yellow paper with the rosebuds I instantly thought of a dress my mom once wore for a prom and then I saw some pictures of my mom as a little girl with my grandparents dressed for church.  I don't usually scrap older pictures - I have enough pictures to keep me forever in the day to day, but I'm glad I did!

Materials Used:  Cosmo Cricket, Prima, Maya Rd, Mustard Moon, burlap, muslin
The journaling reads:  We might not dress up with hats and flower for church anymore, but I am so thankful for the instillng of the desire to give our best to God.  To always set apart a special day to seek after the Lord and to give our lives to the call God has placed on each of us.

Materials Used:  Cosmo Cricket, My Minds Eye, Donna Downey, Martha Stewart, October Afternoon, Prima
I actually worked on both of these layouts at the same time because I was trying to "steal" a piece of the yellow flower paper for this layout also.  Somehow, the two ended up having the same design and so I thought I'd share a sketch with you.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. i love the simplicity of this layout. it is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy I really like these layouts, you are really growing in your work!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those old photos mixed with the burlap, gorgeous! I agree with Elizabeth, you are really coming into your own unique scrappy style, it's great to watch you grow!

    ReplyDelete