Friday, April 27, 2012

Jillibean Soup's Designer Challenge

I was totally hit with inspiration when I read Jillibean Soup's Designer Challenge to use buttons.  I had just received some of the very colorful epoxy buttons in one of my kits and they were just the right color for my boys rooms (the bedrooms are painted bright blue and the other is red, and their bathroom is YELLOW)  and it hit me...

Our kids each have chores to do, some daily ones and some that are just once a week.  They do a pretty good job helping with the big chores, but they can't seem to remember those daily things.  So I decided to make a chore board for their room.  I am still trying to find some pictures of the different chores they need to do each morning to print out, but that is proving to be a little difficult.  :(

So here is my project using an old bulletin board that was half cork and half dry erase/magnetic and some Jillibean Soup Game Day papers and buttons, twine, and mini clothespins...


and some close-ups
the buttons are hot glued to thumbtacks to hold the twine in place


the buttons are hot glued to magnets here


I also used some of the Jillibean Soup wooden buttons on their sketch challenge and another layout I created with my Jillibean Soup stash here.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: