Friday, October 4, 2013

Ideas on how to use PL cards, even if you don't have a life!

I have shied away from Project Life for years; I mean really I am a SAHM of 6, a homeschooler, I design on various design teams, plus the everyday life involved with 8 family members, I didn't need another project!  I tried doing PL in 2008 for about a week and that was it.  I just wasn't cut out for documenting my everyday, but the products kept getting prettier and prettier and I really had to have some of them.  

Our 6th child was born August 2nd, 2013, and so I decided I was going to document his first year through Project Life.  But, what if I failed?  What if I bought all those pretty cards and then I stopped yet again?  I knew that I needed to have a fool proof plan so that I would be able to use my purchases no matter what!

I'd like to invite you to jump on over to Shimelle's blog for a guest post from me called, Ideas on how to use PL cards, even if you don't have a life!  I will also be showing extra projects here on my blog for the next few days showing you my fool proof plan on using up all those pretty cards that I just had to purchase.

So, here are some ideas on how to use those gorgeous cards even if you don't have a life!

1.  Journaling on your scrap pages - The PL cards that are out there might be made for pocket scrapbooking, but they are wonderful to use to journal on your pages (or for title purposes).  



I used the Studio Calico, Valley High Project Life kit for this layout and a few pieces from the main kit.  I didn't do a lot of journaling on this page, but I did use the cards to house my title and to provide the splash of color on this page.  I don't normally do a grid design, but these pictures were given to us by the couple that watched our children while I was in the hospital and all I had to work with were the original 4x6 pictures.  Sometimes it is fun to shake up your normal!

I hope you will join me again tomorrow for another idea on how to use up PL cards, even if you don't have a life!


No comments:

Post a Comment