Monday, October 14, 2013

Smarty Pants layouts

I had the pleasure of working with Simple Stories Smarty Pants this month for Memorable Seasons.  Since we homeschool our pictures of school are a little different than some - no school bus, no first day of school, no teachers, but plenty of weird school days and outfits!

I just had to scrap these pictures of our 2nd grader, he does wonderful on his schoolwork as long as he is tuned in, which is about 5 minutes!  I spend most of my mornings sitting with him and keeping him on track.


In the picture at the table he had cookies spread out helping him study.  On the small picture he is wearing his sunglasses, go figure!  This layout was made for Memorable Seasons, it was a lift of one of our members, Colette.  I don't tend to embellish so heavily on my layouts, so I knew that I wanted to practice her signature style - layering of embellishments, details, and as we've deemed them, Colette circles.

Here is another layout I made with this same line, 


I made this for a challenge to include a building of some sort on your layout.  I used my Cameo to sketch out the school building and then I used some watercolors to add color.  I had never used this feature of my Cameo, but it is so fun to watch!  I can't wait to play with it some more.

Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow for more Smarty Pants.


1 comment: