Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Santa Baby - Simple Stories DIY Christmas

I am up on the Simple Stories blog today sharing a few layouts created from items not created for scrapbooking.  I love to use items in my scrapbooking that aren't traditional, such as the banner kit from Simple Stories newest DIY Christmas line.  

Can you spot the odd items I used on this layout?


I made the background of my page from the Evergreen Stripe paper cutting it in half (minus a little) and then making sure the stripes formed perpendicular lines.  It did take a few tries for me to get it right, lol.


I spy a label wrap here and some tags from the tags & twine set!


How about an envelope wrap on this detail peek and a banner piece from the bunting banner set?


I stole some twine from the tags & twine kit and untwisted the piece to just use the red here.

Stop on by the Simple Stories blog to see what other pieces I repurposed!


3 comments:

  1. I love the lines in this layout and how the focal point - the pic - sits right there where the lines come together - You did a really good job on those lines!!! I love the way you mixed and matched pieces and I think this layout is extremely well done!!! I also commented on your other two layouts over at the Simple Stories blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. es adorable!!!! me encanta, besos desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the striped paper!

    ReplyDelete