Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Decor projects


I wanted to create a few projects for around the house for Valentine's so I began looking around for some inspiration.  My first piece I decided on was the Subway Art piece that I downloaded from the Silhouette site.  I chose to turn my canvas around to give a shadow box feel because I love the feel of banners and wanted to create some to drape around the art piece.

Subway Art Supplies
Sophisticates:  Punch
Kiss Me:  Bouquet Kisses, Love Notes, Alpha+Bits
Designer Tape:  Teal Stripe
I then began to make some roses for a topiary; for this topiary using a 5" Styrofoam ball I used 9 sheets of paper and cut my flowers out at 2 1/2" each I used hot glue to hold each flower quickly and easily.

Topiary Supplies
Sophisticates:  Punch, Ice
Lovey Dovey:  Love is in the Air
Kiss Me:  Bouquet Kisses, Love Notes, Borders
Birthday Girl:  Dancing Queen
Ciao Chip:  Clouds
My final piece of decor was a candy jar to hold my favorite treat - m&m's!  I knew I wanted to use the cute mustache and lips from the Kiss Me collection and pinwheels are always fun touches.  With the addition of a doily and a few pieces from the various Bella collection we have an adorable candy jar that I might decide to share with my kids - not quite sure about that one yet!

Candy Jar Supplies
Kiss Me:  Love Notes, Borders & Cute Cuts, Alpha+Bits
Ciao Chip: Stars & Hearts
Crochet Flowers:  Juniper  
Button Market:  Hot Pink Flowers

Make sure you stop by the Bella Blvd blog to see some other great Valentine projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment