Thursday, July 10, 2014

Go Vote Be Free - Pebbles and Kerri Bradford Studio

I am up on the Pebbles blog today using the Americana collection to document my son and his grandfather (Pop).  While I love the layout I created, I wanted to see if I could use the collection in a more traditional sense that it was created for.  

Which brings me to my second layout here on my blog


I wanted to document these pictures of my husband and I with some of our children voting.  The pictures weren't great and the colors sure didn't match anything, but it was an important memory that I wanted in our books.

I started with the neutral page with the declaration printed on it and I sewed some white cut words onto my page to give some texture and interest to the background.  (These Kerri Bradford Studio words were cut after I discovered a few Cameo cutting tricks found here.) 


I added in some banners that I fussy cut from another page in the collection again to give some interest to my page without adding to much color around my pictures.



A few journaling cards were added under my pictures for a little color and to journal about what was happening in the page.


I thought the wagon worked really well carting one of my cut words.


So what do you think did I accomplish my goal of using the collection for what it was intended?  Stop by tomorrow for another layout I created that uses this collection.

Don't forget to get your name in for the Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine Giveaway on my blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment